The Emory AA Program, located in Atlanta Georgia, offers a Master of Medical Science Program in Anesthesiology. Established in 1969, the Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant program was the first and is the most established anesthesia assistant school in the country. In fact, the University is considered at the forefront in the field of Anesthesia education. Considered one of the most competitive schools in the space, the Emory AA Program acceptance rate is 15-20% with 36 students accepted each year. Furthermore, the Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant program is 27 months in length and begins in June of each year. The Emory University School of Medicine awards the final Master of Medical Science (MMS) degree to all AA students at graduation.
Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant Tuition
To sum up, the average total tuition cost of the 2-year program is approximately US$161,343 or US$16,933 per semester.
The tuition is the same for In-State and Out-of-State students.
Emory AA Program Course Prerequisites
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- Courses Required: Biology 1, Biology 2, Anatomy & Physiology 1, Anatomy & Physiology 2, Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Organic Chemistry 1, English, Physics 1, Physics 2, Calculus, Biochemistry
- Courses Preferred: Organic Chemistry 2, Statistics, Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology
GRE / MCAT Prerequisites
- GRE & MCAT: Either One is OK
- Minimum GRE Score: > 55%
- Minimum MCAT Score: 472 (125 on biological sciences)
- Average GRE Score: 151 Verbal / 155 Quantitative
- Average MCAT Score: 503
Emory Anesthesia Assistant GPA Requirements
- Minimum GPA: 3.10
- Minimum GPA in Required Courses: C or better
- Average Science GPA: 3.36
- Average Overall GPA: 3.13
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- +8 hour of Shadow experience
- CASPer Test
- To clarify, Emory accepts applications via CASAA (Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants), which is the standard online application for all AA degrees in the US.
- All of the Emory clinical sites are located within the vicinity of Atlanta. However, during clinicals the School may send you out of town to other partner locations in Georgia, Wisconsin, Indiana, Florida, Texas as well as other States.
Emory Application Deadlines
- Early Decision: June to August
- Regular Deadline: October
Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
57 Executive Park South, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA, 30329
Telephone: (404) 727-5910
AA Program Accreditation
The CAAHEP has accredited the Emory AA program.
Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant Website
Emory AA Program
For your reference, we list out additional information in table format on the Emory Anesthesia Assistant Program with detail on the City, degree offered, length of program, class size, application deadlines and requirements. This school has been approved by the the American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA).
|School Name||City||State||Degree||Length (Months)||Early Consideration Deadline||Regular Deadline||Class Size||Acceptance Rate||Avg GPA||Avg GRE||Avg MCAT||Minimum GPA||Minimum Prerequisites GPA||GRE||MCAT||Shadow Experience||Casper||Tuition In-State ($000's)||Tuition Out-State ($000's)|
|Emory University||Atlanta||Georgia||MMSc||27||June-August||9-Oct||36||19%||3.36 science 3.13 overall||Verbal: 151 / Quant: 155 / Writing: 3.8||503||3.1||C||GRE or MCAT||GRE or MCAT||8+ hours||Yes||$119||$119|
Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs by State
Other than the Emory AA program, there are currently 11 other anesthesia assistant programs in 9 U.S. States. To learn more about other anesthesiologist assistant schools, click the individual states on the map above.
If your concern is studying anesthesia in the State of Georgia, you may want to also research CRNA Schools in Georgia as there are 2 nurse anesthetist schools in the Georgia.
In conclusion, the Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant program is one of the most prestigious schools in the country. If you’re interested in becoming an Anesthesia Assistant, we highly recommend you attend this University.
Emory also offers a DNP CRNA Program through the Emory School of Nursing, which is one of the top ranked nursing schools in the country.
For those of you that are currently attending or have graduated from the Emory AA program, what are your stats? Please kindly share more information to help educate and promote the profession of Anesthesia Assistants.