The specific US State and region that a CRNA works in make a huge impact on his or her CRNA salary. To provide the most comprehensive data for Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State, we use 3 main information sources for our research methodology. These include:
- CRNA career survey given by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. This updated survey and is the most comprehensive information recorded by over 5,000 professional nurse anesthetists. This provides us with reliable salary information in the specific field of nurse anesthesia.
- Official US government data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS is a federal government agency that provides accurate, objective yearly updated data that is considered the gold-standard for employment data in the United States.
- Salary.com provides information on Nurse Anesthetist Salary but in more detail by city. We provide Salary.com city-level data; however, the information is not verifiable. With that in mind, it should be taken with a grain of salt and used just as a reference point in your decision making.
AANA CRNA Salary by State
Through the CRNA AANA career survey, we rank the US regions according to median anesthetist salary for CRNAs. We filter the data for CRNAs with only one employment arrangement at a time. The CRNA salary data speaks for itself:
- U.S. East South Central CRNA Salary: US$160,000
- U.S. South Region CRNA Salary: US$165,000
- U.S. West Region CRNA Salary: US$180,000
- U.S. Northeast Region CRNA Salary: US$182,000
- U.S. Midwest Region CRNA Salary: US$185,000
Therefore, it seems the South and East South region of the US pay less than the US Midwest and Northeast region. For those interested, we also publish research on individual Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State. You might be surprised to learn that a CRNA salary in Alaska is higher than a CRNA salary in Florida, CRNA salary in Texas and CRNA salary in New York! I’ve heard a lot of rumors through my CRNA colleagues that the Midwest Region salaries are higher due to shortage of staff, and it seems that the AANA career survey confirms that.
BLS CRNA Salary by State
The US government, through BLS, provides yearly statistical data collected from nurse anesthetists.
CRNA Salary by State
The darker the blue color equivocates to a higher the average CRNA salary.
Tier 1 = US$196,000-US$243,310
2nd Tier = US$184,380-US$195,010
Tier 3 = US$165,770-US$182,960
Tier 4 = US$54,690-US$162,320
White means no data available.
Data source: BLS
Which State Pays CRNA the most?
According to BLS statistics this year, the State paying CRNAs the most is Wyoming at US$243,310 annual salary per year. This is followed by CRNAs in Montana at US$239,380 and Oregon at US$234,750. The annual pay by State will vary yearly, so it is important to look at the top 10 States that pay CRNAs the most when thinking about lucrative locations to work. The reason why locations like Wyoming, Montana and Oregon pay more than larger more populated States like Massachusetts and New York is due to the shortage of nurse anesthetists in the States.
The Top 10 CRNA Salary by State according to BLS is:
- Wyoming CRNA Salary is US$243,310
- Montana CRNA Salary is US$239,380
- Oregon CRNA Salary is US$234,750
- Wisconsin CRNA Salary is US$233,600
- California CRNA Salary is US$227,290
- Iowa CRNA Salary is US$202,400
- Massachusetts CRNA Salary is US$201,890
- New York CRNA Salary is US$200,350
- Illinois CRNA Salary is US$199,660
- Connecticut CRNA Salary is US$198,750
Which State Pays CRNA the least?
According to BLS statistics this year, the State paying CRNAs the least is Arizona at US$144,530 annual salary per year. This is followed by CRNAs in Utah at US$146,470 and Idaho at US$150,670. The annual pay by State will vary yearly, so it is important to look at the top 5 States that pay CRNAs the least when thinking about locations which may pay less. In general, States in the South tend to pay less than States in the North and West of the United States.
The 5 Lowest CRNA Salary by State according to BLS is:
- Alabama CRNA Salary is US$157,430
- Tennessee CRNA Salary is US$157,0700
- Idaho CRNA Salary is US$150,670
- Utah CRNA Salary is US$146,470
- Arizona CRNA Salary is US$144,530
This data shown is the average yearly salary.
In conclusion, Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State provides detailed information by US State and city. Please check out the individual States below for more information
Northeast States Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State
New England States
Connecticut CRNA Salary
Maine CRNA Salary CRNA Salary
Massachusetts CRNA Salary
New Hampshire CRNA Salary
Rhode Island CRNA Salary
Vermont CRNA Salary
New Jersey CRNA Salary
New York CRNA Salary
Pennsylvania CRNA Salary
Midwest States Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State
East North Central States
Illinois CRNA Salary
Indiana CRNA Salary
Michigan CRNA Salary
Ohio CRNA Salary
Wisconsin CRNA Salary
West North Central States
Iowa CRNA Salary
Kansas CRNA Salary
Minnesota CRNA Salary
Missouri CRNA Salary
Nebraska CRNA Salary
North Dakota CRNA Salary
South Dakota CRNA Salary
Southern States Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State
South Atlantic States
Delaware CRNA Salary
Florida CRNA Salary
Georgia CRNA Salary
Maryland CRNA Salary
North Carolina CRNA Salary
South Carolina CRNA Salary
Virginia CRNA Salary
District of Columbia CRNA Salary
West Virginia CRNA Salary
East South Central States
Alabama CRNA Salary
Kentucky CRNA Salary
Mississippi CRNA Salary
Tennessee CRNA Salary
West South Central States By State
Arkansas CRNA Salary
Louisiana CRNA Salary
Oklahoma CRNA Salary
Texas CRNA Salary
Western States Nurse Anesthetist Salary by State
Arizona CRNA Salary
Colorado CRNA Salary
Idaho CRNA Salary
Montana CRNA Salary
Nevada CRNA Salary
New Mexico CRNA Salary
Utah CRNA Salary
Wyoming CRNA Salary
Alaska CRNA Salary
California CRNA Salary
Hawaii CRNA Salary
Oregon CRNA Salary
Washington CRNA Salary
Best CRNA Programs
We spent hundreds of hours studying all CRNA schools and interviewing over 125 nurse anesthetists to create our exclusive list of Best CRNA Schools. If you’re a nurse anesthetist researching CRNA Salary by State, please visit the Best CRNA programs and let us know feedback and comments on your CRNA School program to help prospective nurse anesthetist students.