Vargo Pro Anesthesia app is like your modern day CRNA bible available on your iPhone or Android smartphone. The Vargo app serves as a convenient reference point to double confirm knowledge that you studied as a Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (SRNA), especially during clinicals. I guarantee you Vargo is the most expensive app you will ever purchase for your phone (it is over US$100). However, occasionally there are sales and discounts. The reason it is so expensive is because it is called a Mega App with 17 mini apps in 1. In addition, it comes with lifetime updates (but most apps have that these days).
Mini Apps on Vargo App
For example, part of the Vargo apps include the following mini apps:
- Adult Anesthesia: With this part of the Vargo App, there is no need to check doses as all the calculations have already been done for you. The app bases all calculations on the patient’s weight. This is especially helpful as a SRNA nurse.
- Anesthesia Drips: This section of Vargo lists the cardiac and anesthesia drips, instructions on how to mix, drug equations and drip tables
- CABG: This is the CAGB mini app for step by step direction from pre-op to post op, setting up the operation room, drips and doses calculations and why they prefer certain drips and doses over others
- Pediatrics: Vargo pro discusses equipment, tables, pediatric case tips, pediatric review notes, Malignant Hyperthermia for Peds as well as other information
- OB Regional Anesthesia: This mini Vargo app is like the summary of a full obstetric anesthesia text book
- Drug Box: The Drug Box includes the 150 most used drugs used in Anesthesia. It covers things like Documented Doses, popular doses, indications, and contraindications
- Other anesthesia apps on Anticoagulants / Reversals, Case Tips, OB Regional, Coag / Deficiencies and many more.
Best CRNA Programs
We spent hundreds of hours studying all CRNA schools and interviewing over 125 nurse anesthetists to create our exclusive list of Best CRNA Schools. If you’re a SRNA using the Vargo App, please visit the Best CRNA programs and let us know feedback and comments on your CRNA School program to help prospective nurse anesthetist students.