Texas is the second largest State and Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States. Surprisingly at that size, there is only one Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs in Texas which is offered by Case Western Reserve University in Houston, Texas.
Why Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs in Texas?
- There is just one Anesthesiologist assistant program in Texas, which is the Case Western Reserve University in Houston that was established in 2010.
- The Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant Schools in Texas offers a Master of Science in Anesthesia Program. Established in 2010, the Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant program in Houston is the second oldest Case Western program after the first in Ohio. It is a very exclusive program with only 25 students accepted each year. Furthermore, the Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs in Texas is 24 months in length and begins in June of each year.
- The program is divided into two parts, the Basic Science Phase, and the Clinical Phase, both of which are 12 months. To clarify, the Basic Phase focuses on basic science and didactic courses while the Clinical Phase rotates around subspecialties of anesthesia. Together, the Case Western Texas program works closely with University of Texas Health Science Center to offer its full program.
Anesthesiologist Assistant Schools in Texas
Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant Tuition
- To sum up, the average total tuition cost of the 2-year program is approximately US$1278,540 excluding certain fees.
- The tuition is the same for In-State and Out-of-State students.
Case Western AA Program Course Prerequisites
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- Courses Required: Biology 1, Biology 2, Anatomy & Physiology 1, Anatomy & Physiology 2, Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Organic Chemistry 1, Organic Chemistry 2, English, Physics 1, Physics 2, Calculus, Biochemistry, Advanced Statistics
GRE / MCAT Prerequisites
- GRE & MCAT: Either One is OK
- Average GRE Score: 153 Verbal / 156 Quantitative
- Average MCAT Score: 500
Case Western Anesthesia Assistant GPA Requirements
- Minimum GPA: 3.25
- Minimum GPA in Required Courses: B- or better
- Average Science GPA: 3.57
- Average Overall GPA: 3.52
Anesthesiologist Assistant Schools Texas Prerequisites
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- +8 hour of Shadow experience
- CASPer Test
- To clarify, Case Western accepts applications via CASAA (Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants), which is the standard online application for all AA degrees in the US.
- The School will send 9 students to Austin for part of the clinicals at Case Western.
Case Western Application Deadlines
- Early Decision: October
- Regular Deadline: February
Master of Science in Anesthesia Program
Case Western Reserve University
4203 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77006
Telephone: (713) 574-9491
Anesthesia Assistant Programs Texas Accreditation
The CAAHEP has accredited the Case Western AA program.
Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant Website
Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs by State
Other than the Case Western AA program, there are currently 11 other anesthesia assistant programs in 9 U.S. States for a total of 12 programs. To learn more about anesthesiologist assistant schools in other states, click the individual states on the map above.
If your goal is studying anesthesia in the State of Texas, you may want to also research CRNA Schools in Texas as there are 5 nurse anesthetist schools in the Texas.
AA Programs in Texas
For your study, we list out in table format all Anesthesia Assistant Schools in Texas with detail on the City, degree offered, length of program, class size and application deadlines. All the AA programs have been approved by the the American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA).
Please click on the Anesthesia Assistant School in Texas for more detailed information on the selected Anesthesia Assistant programs.
|School Name||City||State||Degree||Length (Months)||Early Consideration Deadline||Regular Deadline||Class Size|
|Case Western Reserve University||Houston||Texas||MSA||24||1-Oct||1-Feb||25|
In conclusion, there is one anesthesiologist assistant programs in Texas, which is the Case Western Anesthesiologist Assistant programs in Houston, Texas. If you’re interested in studying Anesthesia in Texas, you may also be interested in exploring CRNA Schools in Texas. However, all the CRNA schools only offer Doctorate degrees and Case Western is the only master’s degree in Anesthesia.
For those of you that are currently attending or have graduated from the Case Western AA program, what are your stats? Please kindly share more information to help educate and promote the profession of Anesthesia Assistants.