I must say – of all the Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs by State locations, Florida is the most attractive option in terms of overall quality of life. Other States with Anesthesia Assistant Programs include Georgia, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Texas, DC and Wisconsin. For Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs Florida, there are 3 Anesthesia programs in the State of Florida that are all managed by Nova Southeastern University. These Anesthesia Assistant programs are located in Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Jacksonville, Florida. In fact, Florida actually has the greatest number of Anesthesia Assistant programs out of any State in the US.
Why Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs Florida?
- First, Anesthesiologist assistant programs Florida really stand out because all CRNA schools in Florida have moved to the 36-month 3-year DNP Doctorate programs. They no longer offer master’s degrees in Anesthesia. With that in mind, the Nova AA program is the only 2-year Master’s degree in Anesthesia in the entire State of Florida. For Anesthesia students looking to spend less time in school, the Anesthesia Assistant Master’s program would be significantly shorter in length than the Doctorate degree offered by CRNA schools.
- Second, there is strong demand for Anesthesia Assistants after graduation from Anesthesia Assistant Programs Florida. The State of Florida has one of the older populations in the US. To clarify, Florida is ranked #2 in States with the oldest percentage of population. The US Census estimates that 33% of Florida’s population will be 60 years old and older by 2030. With that in mind, more surgeries in Florida mean more demand for Anesthesiologist Assistants.
- Third, Florida ranks amongst the top places to live, work and study in the United States. Especially for Fort Lauderdale and Tampa, the State of Florida offers an excellent quality of life. Anesthesia Assistant students enjoy the tropical climate sunshine with cultural, entertainment and educational things to do throughout the State. In addition, the cost of living is below that of other States with similar economy growth prospects.
- Lastly, we estimate that the acceptance rate of Anesthesiologist Assistant Schools in Florida is higher than that of other States. Therefore, if your goal is to be an Anesthesia Assistant, you should definitely apply to the AA Programs in Florida.
Anesthesiologist Assistant Schools in Florida
There are 3 Anesthesiologist assistant programs Florida.
- Nova Anesthesiologist Assistant in Fort Lauderdale was established in 2005
- The Nova AA Program in Tampa, Florida was established in 2009
- Nova Anesthesiologist Assistant in Jacksonville, Florida was established in 2019
Anesthesiologist Assistant Programs by State
Other than the 3 AA programs in Florida, there are currently 9 other anesthesia assistant programs in 9 U.S. States for a total of 12 programs. To learn more about anesthesiologist assistant schools in other states, click the individual states on the map above.
If your objective is studying anesthesia in the State of Florida, you may want to also research CRNA Schools in Florida as there are 9 nurse anesthetist schools in the Florida.
AA Programs in Florida
For your reference, we list out in table format all Anesthesia Assistant Schools in Florida with detail on the City, degree offered, length of program, class size and application deadlines. All the AA programs have been approved by the the American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA).
Please click on the Anesthesia Assistant School in Florida for more detailed information on the selected Anesthesia Assistant programs.
|School Name||City||State||Degree||Length (Months)||Early Consideration Deadline||Regular Deadline||Class Size|
|Nova Southeastern University||Fort Lauderdale||Florida||MSA||27||15-Jun||15-Feb||40|
|Nova Southeastern University||Tampa||Florida||MSA||27||15-Jun||15-Feb||30|
|Nova Southeastern University||Jacksonville||Florida||MSA||27||15-Jun||15-Feb||30|
In summary, if you’re looking to study anesthesia in Florida check out the Nova AA Program above as well as CRNA Schools in Florida where there are 9 CRNA Schools in the State of Florida.